Monday, March 2, 2015

The Power of My Why

This past weekend was the official beginning of competition dance season for my daughters.  It's an awesome time for both my girls and my wife...and they enjoy it.  Most of the time, I let them go do their thing with dance, and I stay home. 

So with all of that time by myself on weekends, you would think I would get a TON more done...and sometimes that is true.  But I am amazed by the amount of work that does not get done when they are not there.  It makes no sense.  I have more time to think and more time to do...and I often do less.

Why?

I think it's because Amy, Skylar and Jade are truly my why.  They are the reason I hustle.  They are the reason I want to succeed. 

So when I have all this time without them, I find that my motivation goes down.  I am not aiming for a super-sappy post here.  I find it interesting.  It shows the power of having a person (or person's) in your life that help build you up. 

So now I need to find some new ways to "get going" while they are away.  I am open to suggestions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment