Thursday, March 5, 2015

Breaking the Winter Rut



I am a creature of habit in the mornings.  I like to have my coffee, read some inspirational material, take a short walk, etc.  All of these things give me a start to my day that I enjoy...and help to make me productive. 

The problem with these routines is they can (sometimes) turn into ruts.

During this time of year (for me) when the weather has been cold for sometime, I find myself wanting to hunker down.  I come home and stay home.  I don't go to networking events (like I know I should).  I work out in my basement and don't go to the gym.  I don't make as many sales calls. 

These (lack of) activities can help keep me warm, but they take away new experiences.  And without new experiences, you can get in a rut in a hurry.  Variety really is the spice of life.

So if you find yourself in a "winter rut," it's time to find some new experiences and dive in.  Even if you don't enjoy them (and you probably will), you will break up the routine a bit...and help you get out of the rut!

No comments:

Post a Comment