Friday, October 17, 2014

What are YOU Reading? Top 5 Business Books



I read a study recently that said the average person reads 1 or less books per year.  That same study said that company CEO's claim to read 60 books per year.  Think about that for a moment.

I was recently asked what my favorite business books are...and I struggled a bit with that.  I love to read and grow, so I have read quite a few.  So I thought this might be a good forum to share books that have moved me.

E-Myth Mastery:  This is the number one book I recommend to people who are thinking of starting a business, or already have.  I have re-read this probably 10 times and get something new out of it each time.

High Trust Selling:  Great book on how to sell "the right way."  In addition, it moved me to focus on the 20% of activity that makes money...not the other 80%.

The Ultimate Sales Machine:  Chet Holmes has a track record for growing businesses...here he tells you how.  It's a good one.

The Thank You Economy:  I love Gary Vaynerchuk's work, but I think this is my favorite.  He tells us why we have entered an era where we need to "give" first...and how we can win if we do.

Epic Content Marketing:  This book is a great manual on how to create content...and why you should!

Bonus Book...7 Habits of Highly Effective People:  You can look at this as a business book or a life book, but it is powerful either way.  I have told the story in the past that this book changed my life for the better.  So I hope you can check it out so it can do the same for you!

So that's my list for today.  I am currently reading 3 more books, so I will update you on those soon!  What books am I missing?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Kirby! If you never have, check out some Pat Croce reads. He was athletic trainer turned team owner. His books are educational, motivational and filled with business tips. Just youtube him and you will feel the energy he brings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will check that out Frank! Thanks so much! I am reading a new one now called Transform (by Jeff Haden). Great read.

    ReplyDelete