Sunday, October 5, 2014

Business Gets Personal...For Me

Everyone is a "nerd" about something.  It turns out I am a nerd about business and marketing. 

I know this because I recently attended the "Business Gets Personal" event with Dave Ramsey, Seth Godin and Gary Vaynerchuk and was really surprised when not everyone understood!  How can they not know?  It is SO important to me!  :)



If you don't know already, Dave Ramsey, Seth Godin and Gary Vaynerchuk are extremely dynamic business leaders, speakers, and writers.  This event, held in New York City, was a chance for people to not only hear from them, but get to meet, greet and ask questions of them.  It was extremely rewarding and inspirational for me. 

The event started with a networking mixer where other attendees gathered to check in and meet one another.  Dave and Seth even showed up and I got to meet with Dave and shake hands with Seth.  Seth also gave us a copy of his giant book that I had to ship home (it was just too big to carry!).



Then the next day the full day event began.  Each of the three spoke and each had a great message and a powerful reminder.





The event ended with a wine tasting with all three men.  Those of you that don't know, Gary created his national recognition by starting a wine show on Youtube (google it).  So the idea of him walking through these wines was just really cool.



Finally I had the chance to meet Gary and speak with him 1 on 1.  That was the highlight for me.  He is an energetic and dynamic character.  But what most strikes me about him is how "real" he is.  When I asked him questions, he was really there.  He gave me real answers "Now don't be full of shit!" and real attention.  




What an event!  Not only did I get the chance to meet and talk to people I admire and highly respect, it was a great reminder of why we are doing what we do!  At Hasseman Marketing, we are trying to lead by "giving."  Those gifts might be monetary, but they also might be inspiration, education and motivation...and I want to keep it rolling!

No comments:

Post a Comment