Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Asking For Help



One of the hardest things I have learned as I have grown up (still working on that!) is that sometimes I need to ask for help.  I have always been an "If it's to be, it's up to me" kind of person.  I felt like I didn't need any help.  I took pride in that. 

But the more I grow as an entrepreneur, business owner and adult, the more I truly understand that asking for help is not a sign of weakness.  It's a show of strength.  By opening up and asking for help (or even just perspective) I get better ideas. 

Operating on an island can take you a long way.  And frankly, there is something to be said for being self-sufficient.  But when you get stuck, it's important to understand that there are people that have been where you've been (or are going through it now!). 

I am a part of a small group that meets regularly to talk about our businesses, ideas and lives.  These folks help me gain perspective on business and life...and it's been invaluable to me.  I only wish I would have done it sooner!

Create a relationship of trust.  Ask "what do you think?"  See what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment