Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Always Be Looking To Learn



Too often in life, I have spent time being impatient about "getting there."  Whatever the destination, I want to get there now.  When it comes to goals, appointments, or even going to vacation, I am often the equivalent of the 7 year old in the back seat saying "Are we there yet?"

Now, partially I suppose, you can say this is because I am excited about the destination.  I am excited to reach the goal, or go and "do" or yes, even relax.  The problem, of course, is that I often hurry through the lessons of the journey.

The way I have chosen to try and improve in this area of my life is simply to look for ways to learn through each of these paths.  Sometimes there are stumbling blocks on whatever path we choose.  Sometimes there is nothing that can be done.  But often, there are lessons that can guide us...so future paths are less bumpy.

What can I learn from this?  What can I do better next time?  How can I make this situation better?

And remember, even on smooths roads, the sights can still be worth taking in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment