Friday, July 13, 2012

A Great Lesson on the Chapters of Our Life

I was listening to a CD in the car today of Wayne Dyer.  As you may know, Dr. Dyer is a best selling author, speaker, teacher on the Power of Manifesting what you want in your life.  I highly recommend his teachings for those that want to take control of their thoughts...and therefore, their life.

Today he told the story of a seminar where participants were given 5 3 x 5 index cards.  They were told to write the 5 chapters of the "story of their life" on them.  With a small index card you can only be so detailed.  Here is what one person wrote:

Chapter 1:  I am walking down a street.  There is a big hole.  I don't see it.  I fall in the hole.  It's not my fault.  It takes a LONG time to get out.

Chapter 2:  I am walking down the same street.  There is a big hole.  I see it.  I fall in it anyway!  It's not my fault.  It still takes a long time to get out.

Chapter 3:  I am walking down the same street.  There is a big hole.  I see it again!  I fall in it again anway!  It's my fault.  I get out right away.

Chapter 4:  I am walking down the same street.  There is a big hole.  I see it.  I walk around it.

Chapter 5:  I walk down a different street.

This message really struck me today.  We all make mistakes in our lives.  The key (as this illustrates) is to recognize them, take responsibility for them, and then "take a  different street." 

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment