Tuesday, May 15, 2012

You Get What You Focus On

Yesterday I had the opportunity to walk around my community with a great group of concerned citizens looking to improve our area.  We split up into groups and walked around looking for things to improve.  This was a great exercise to do in this group because we were able to see things walking around that we miss while driving by in a car.  We were able to see many things that could be done to improve our community...some without spending much money.

The challenge with an activity like this is that when you look for the bad, you will get it.  Just like anything else in life, you get what you focus on.  So by the end of the exercise I found myself in a bit of down mood.  I spent the whole time looking for things to improve, so it became hard to see the things that are great!  And just like any community, we have both.

We have a group coming soon as a part of the First Impressions group to give us their take on our town.  I am anxious to see if they see all that we see...or if they see the good stuff too! 

Remember...we get what we focus on.  So make an effort to focus on good things in your life today. 

If you have been following this blog, you know I have been working on the short eBook "Give Your Way To Success for a while.  I am excited to announce that it is available on Amazon now!  http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0081W0DQA

This is a good thing in my life...so I intend to focus on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment