Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Give Yourself Time To Rest or Heal

If you are a hard charging person that is working diligently to reach your goals, you probably have a hard time taking a break. Quite honestly, if you are excited about those goals (and I hope you are) and your happy with the way you are working to reach them, sometimes what you are doing is fun.

But remember there are times you really need to give your body and mind a break. Remember, if you are in training for a race, it is your rest days that your body makes the most progress as it rebuilds the muscle your workouts have torn down. If you don't take the time to rest (both body and mind) occassionally it will get in the way of your sucess.

As I type this, I am strugging with a chest cold. I have been struggling with it for several days but have not taken time off to let my body rest. I have fought the idea of rest because "I don't get sick." We all do this sometimes.

Today is a rest day for me. My hope is by letting the body heal, I will be better prepared to get back after it tomorrow! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment