Friday, May 22, 2015

Being There



I am a tech fan.  I am not a "technology is the devil" person.  I love my computer and my phone and the connectivity.  I am on Facebook and Twitter and Instagram and LinkedIn and Snapchat.  I love it!  We are connected in ways that we could not have imagined even 10 years ago...and it's great!

But here is one thing I have noticed.  There is no more lonely room than when you are in a room full of people all staring at their own devices. 

Technology has connected us in many ways that are amazing.  But never forget that Skype can't replace the handshake.  We are still human beings. 

So the next time you are with your family, or your team, or your parents...be there.  Your emails, texts, Facebook and Twitter will be there when you get back. 

If you want to give a great gift to your loved ones...give them your attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment