Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Saying NO More

One of the hardest lessons I have learned is how important it is to say "no."  Seth Godin's post today is spot on here.  The fact is, if you want to give your best to the things you are excited about, you HAVE to say no to the things that you are not.

One of my favorite sayings about this came from Derek Siver.  He said that "unless your answer is 'HELL YEAH', then it's 'NO'."  Only commit to things you are that excited about.  Otherwise, the things you are not excited about will detract from what you really want to do!

Get an accountability partner on this.  I had a project that I felt somewhat obliged to help with last week.  I was lamenting this with my wife when she said, "Kirby, is the answer 'Hell Yeah!'?"

The answer was no.  Thanks Amy.

No comments:

Post a Comment