Sunday, September 11, 2011

Give Yourself A Challenge

If you want to not only succeed in your professional life, but also to lead a fulfilling personal life, make sure to Give Yourself Challenges! These can sometimes be easy to find in the professional life arena, but make sure you are looking at home too!

I just finished the Warrior Dash (www.warriordash.com) and I must say, that was a challenge! What a fun day though. If you are unfamiliar, the Warrior Dash is a 3 to 4 mile trail race...but with LOTS of fun and crazy obstacles. There were walls to climb over, tires to run through and even fire to jump over! And the final 25 yards, participants had to crawl through 2 feet of mud to get to the finish line. It was intense!

But what an experience!

At the end of the race I was tired (and today I am sore) but it challenged me to dig deep! (On a side note, the course taught me that I have let myself get out of cardio shape...so I need to improve that. That's okay. Those are the things we learn as we challenge ourselves).

The course was extremely hilly and muddy so it was tough to keep trucking. But at the end all of the participants had a huge feeling of satisfaction that they "did that."

Those are the kinds of experiences that make us stronger. So give yourself a challenge...and don't give up until you make it happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment